It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 am 

A lot of students wonder how they can get hands on experience to improve their skills and show off to employers. It's hard to obtain a computer forensic related internship or job without any prior work experience in the field. Online competitions are a great way to do this, and one of the best computer forensic related challenges is DC3. I am sure many of you are not familiar with this so I highly recommend checking out their website. The competition is just about over for 2013 but get ready for the 2014 challenge! I have not personally done this competition yet, but I will be doing it in 2014. From what I have heard/read you are given forensic challenges/scenarios and are required to investigate them and submit reports to the DC3 website. It is truly a great way to improve your skills and is a legitimate way to show you are doing related work in the computer forensics field.

link -------> http://www.dc3.mil/challenge/2013/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 am 

Here is another great way to get some forensic experience. This is also a good warm up if you plan on participating in the DC3 competition this year. I highly recommend trying to work through the first few levels of the digital forensic treasure hunt. If you have any questions feel free to post them here.

link ----> http://digitalforensics.securitytreasurehunt.com/

Offline Profile