It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm a senior at NJIT. My name is Steve Fowlkes. I work at a NJ Data Center doing security/admin work. Big fan of linux/unix and have been enthralled with computers for a few years now. If I could go back and do it over, I'd focus more on physics and robotics. it's something that I never pursued, but building and creating is where my heart is at. I love lego sets! I wish I had a better mind for mathematics though. As with my thread I hope to document my experience working in the security field to give you a view on how it is.
I enjoy scripting, over actual programming actually. The simplicity, and practicality of a script in my field of work is far more ideal than a full program. Anyway if you wish to contact me feel free. On here or my email scf22@njit.edu

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 am 

Welcome aboard! If you are interested in tinkering around with electronics I would suggest picking up a Raspberry Pi and/or an Arduino board and seeing what you can do with those. Other than that I agree that the quick and dirty scripts are usually more helpful than full fledged programs.

Offline Profile